Thursday, November 25, 2010

As Vinnie Sees it - Week 12 Vince Vitale



Last week after collecting 87 points I moved into 7th place out of 36 in the Suicide Fantasy Football celebrity blogger league, and I look to keep closing in on the leaders this week. To continue to move up on the leaders I am going to need to score 90+ points per week with mainly fringe players, so matchups will be the key. At quarterback I am going to go with Kyle Orton at home against the St. Louis Rams. The Rams continue to allow about 20+ points per week and the Broncos play better at home and are capable of scoring a lot of points when they are on. The Rams are 19th against the pass and the Atlanta Falcons were able to throw at will against them last week. At running back I have to again pick on the Detroit Lions. I will roll out the law firm BenJarvus Green-Ellis who is a reach but does seem to get some goal line carries. At the other spot I am going to go with another Denver Bronco Knowshon Moreno. Moreno started off with some nice power runs against the San Diego Chargers last week but the Broncos quickly fell behind and that took Moreno out of the game. The Rams will not get a big lead on the Broncos so I look for Moreno to get at least 20 touches. Moreno has caught at least 3 passes out of the backfield over the last four games and he will cause problems for the Rams outside linebackers which will have trouble staying with him. The Wide Receiver position is getting very hard to select. This week I have Santonio Holmes who seems to be getting on the same page with Mark Sanchez now. The New York Jets do not throw a lot but they are playing the Cincinnati Bengals who just allowed 49 points to the Buffalo Bills so I am looking for Holmes to get some chances in this one. On the other side we have decided on Mike Wallace because every week we pick on the Buffalo Bills. Wallace can fly and has scored a TD in five of his last 6 games. Taking a burner sometimes is a risk because if they do not get that one deep ball for a TD sometimes they can be shutout. Wallace has been catching multiple balls per game lately and has had 100+ yards receiving in his last three games. The Buffalo Bills have no answer for Wallace so hopefully Big Ben can get the ball to him. At Tight End I will go with Kevin Boss which is not my favorite pick but just going with a hunch. The New York Giants are missing their two top wide outs so I look for Eli Manning to dump the ball off to Boss a lot, we shall see if my hunch pays off. At kicker we are going with Nick Folk based on the fact the Jets kick a couple field goals a week and they are playing the Bengals who let up plenty of points each week. Well there you have it. I am in need of another 100+ point week can I get that many from these players? Check in next week to see if my selections paid off.

By Stlvinnie - http://www.stlouisramfan.com/

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home