Sunday, April 26, 2009

St. Louis Rams Select Chris Ogbonnaya

With the 211th overall pick in the 2009 NFL Draft. The St. Louis Rams have selected Chris Ogbonnaya RB, out of Texas. At 6' and 220 pounds Chris Ogbonnaya does not appear to be the backup to Steven Jackson that I have been looking for all day. With only 66 carries in his first three years at the University of Texas I would once again say that this is a reach for the Rams. Chris had 15 carries against Oklahoma this year, and that was his career high. I see Chris being no more than a special teams player at best. I hate to say it but I don't think the Rams got much done on day two of the draft. I can't believe they did not pick up a big power back for short yardage and to spell Jackson. I also am very surprised the Rams did not go out and get a hammer of a Safety. I don't want to complain in April, but they will have to show me something.

From DraftCountdown:

Naturally athletic...Very good size and bulk...Strong and runs hard...A patient runner...Excellent hands...Runs great routes...Above average blocker...Smart...Special teams ability...A hard worker...Team leader.

From NFL.com

Ogbonnaya only managed 73 rushes for 373 yards and four scores n 2008, but his 46 catches for 540 yards and three touchdowns also caught scouts' eyes. His play on coverage units also makes him a draft-able prospect.


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home