Sunday, January 2, 2011

As Vinnie Sees it - Week 17 Vince Vitale



Last week after collecting 80 points I moved into 7th place out of 36 in the Suicide Fantasy Football celebrity blogger league. I would like to thank all of the guys over at Suicide Fantasy Football for putting together a great product that has worked well all year. The concept behind this league is a great one and I have really enjoyed playing all year, and look forward to playing next year as well. I urge everyone to check it up and sign up with your friends next year it is a blast. I was hoping to win the celebrity blogger league but the highest I ever climbed was into 5th place still not too bad. With a nice week this week I have a shot to finished 6th but any higher is probably unrealistic. If I have a complete failure this week I should still finish in the top 8. It has been a great ride but I never could get that huge week to put me over the top. With few stars left on my roster I am hoping for 80 points again this week at most, and I will be very lucky to get that.

At quarterback I am going to go with Tim Tebow at home against the San Diego Chargers. I am just hoping to get some solid rushing yards from Tim against the Chargers who I do not believe will be to inspired to play today. At running back I have Shonn Greene at home against the Buffalo Bills. The Jets who will be the 6th seed in the AFC will most likely rest LT today so I look for Greene to finally get some action against the Bills. I also have Ryan Mathews going against the Denver Broncos. I am hoping with Mike Tolbert injured Matthews will finally see a lot of action in this one. As you can see week 17 is all about having a lot of hope and wishing for some good luck. My two wide receivers this week will be Mario Manningham who somehow I never used during the season. The Giants face a must win and Mario should have at least 5 catches against the Washington Redskins. I also have Percy Harvin coming off a great Monday night game against the Eagles. As you know I picked on the Lions defense almost every week so I might as well do it one more time. I look for Harvin to get at least one long ball in this one. At Tight End I will go with Brent Celek of the Eagles playing in a meaningless game against the Dallas Cowboys. I think with Kevin Kolb starting at QB Celek will get a lot of dump off throws while Kolb tries to stay alive against Demarcus Ware. At kicker we are rolling out Sea Bass - Sebastian Janikowski. He is one of the highest scoring fantasy kickers in 2010 and the Raiders continue to put up points and play hard every week. I look for the Chiefs to be tough in the red zone and force Oakland into some field goals.

Well that's it for this year. I will the final standings this week. I hope to finish in 6th place but we will see. Again I thank Suicide Fantasy Football for their great new game and I hope to see all of you playing next year for fun and prizes.

By Stlvinnie - http://www.stlouisramfan.com/

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home